Frequently Asked Questions
- How to Play Football Squares, also known as Super Bowl Squares?
- Can I change the Rules and Payouts?
- How do the Players pay for their Squares?
- How much does this Service Cost?
- Are there discounts for Charities, Fund Raisers or Non-Profit Organizations?
- What if I need Additional Grids?
- Can I use this Service for Games other than the Super Bowl?
- Is it Legal to run a fund raiser online?
- What happens if the Grid doesn't, or won't fill up?
- How are the Numbers Generated?
- How do I Invite Players?
- How do I edit a Player's entry?
- How do I run a Grid for the entire NFL Regular Season?
- If I have further questions, is there someone I can speak to?
How to Play Football Squares (also known as Super Bowl Squares)
There are many different variations of how people play football squares, also known as Super Bowl Squares. We have a help page that you can use to learn How to Play Football Squares
Can I change the Rules and Payouts?
We provide a template of Rules, payouts, images, etc. for you to begin with, but you can edit them to match your needs.
How do the Players pay for their Squares?
We let the Admin decide how to collect funds from the Players.
You can put a link or instructions within the Rules or Payment section of your grids about how you would like to collect funds, whether it be through a link to an online payment solution or through an offline method. If you put it within the Payment section, it will show on your Grid's Homepage, the confirmation page after a User makes their selection(s), and also on the email confirmation that the User receives.
It is very easy to add/remove players from your Grid, so if they don't pay on time you can easily remove them and let other Players choose their square.
How much does this Service Cost?
You can find the pricing on the Registration page located at https://www.superbowlsquares.org/register
Are there discounts for Charities, Fund Raisers or Non-Profit Organizations?
The majority of our Customers use our service for this purpose, so our pricing is structured for these type of organizations already.
What if I need Additional Grids?
As the Admin, you can always purchase new Grids, and they will show up on Grids page when you login as the Admin. Any new Grids you get will have their own unique URLs just like the Grid(s) you already have. The easiest way to link them together is put the links for each of the Grids within the Rules section of your Grid(s) and make the public login information the same throughout. This will allow your Users to easily switch back and forth as needed.
Can I use this Service for Games other than the Super Bowl?
Yes, you can definitely use our Service for any game, including College Football games, NFL Regular Season games, NFL Playoff games, etc.. If you are planning on running Squares for Basketball, we recommend using our other site for Basketball Squares.
Is it Legal to run a fund raiser online?
Each State has their own rules when it comes to allowed fund raising methods, so you'd have to research it for your own particular situation.
What happens if the Grid doesn't, or won't fill up?
When it comes to potentially not filling up a Grid, it is up to the Admin to decide how to handle it, but we usually recommend simply reducing the price of your squares and letting your existing Users select more Squares at the same price.
How are the Numbers Generated?
In order to Generate the numbers please login as the Admin, and you will see a listing of your Grids. On the right side, there is a "Edit" drop down menu that has the option to select "Manage Numbers". Once on the Manage Numbers page you can generate the numbers automatically, or enter them in manually.
How do I Invite Players?
You can invite players to join your pool by using your standard email client and making sure to include your Grid URL, along with the Grid's username and password that you set up on the Settings tab for your Grid. The Grid URL is found on the main page when you login as the Admin.
How do I edit a Player's entry?
If you would like to make a change to an entry or to delete an entry, please do the following:
- Login as the Admin
- Login as the Admin
- Click on the "Edit" dropdown menu on the right hand side of the Grid listing that you want
- Choose "Show Players"
- You should now see a list of all your Entrants with a dropdown on the right side of their entry
- Click the "Edit" Dropdown and Choose to Edit or Delete
How do I run a Grid for the entire NFL Regular Season?
There are two options when it comes to running Football Squares for the NFL Season...see below:
- Single Grid for the entire Season
- With a Single Grid, every User/Player selects a Square that will last them the entire season.
- Once the Grid is full, the Admin generates the numbers for that week (e.g. Week 1)
- After the game is complete, the Admin takes note of which Squares won.
- After recording who won, the Admin will then generate a new set of numbers for the following week. (e.g. Week 2). [[ Note: we recommend generating the new set of numbers a day or two before the next game to allow Users/Players to see who won the week prior. ]]
- 17 Different Grids
- With 17 Grids, you can have a completely different Grid of Players each week, and the Winning numbers for each week will always be available since there is a separate Grid per week.
If I have further questions, is there someone I can speak to?
Unfortunately, we do not have enough resources to provide Live phone support, but should be able to answer any specific questions you may have via email. Please use the Contact Us page for the best method of Contact.